Monday, September 27, 2010

Discombobulated.

Life is full of confusion for... uhm.... people like me.

For instance, LA is not, in fact, in Florida, as I found out sometime last year. Good times there. Ah, how the children laughed with me in celebration of my discovery.

Another common misconception is that "making up" is what you do when you fight with a friend (it was a pretend fight, granted). However, when you use this phrase, your friend may, in fact, whack you and say that's gross. Because, apparently, "making up" is what couples do. Another revelation!

Also, it is not a good idea to tell people outside of your close circle of friends that you named the pole you eat next to (Jaques) or the filing cabinet in your Sunday School room (George). They will then proceed to flatter you by imitation, skipping gleefully around the nearest pole and proclaiming their love for it. Such lovely days.

Today, I learned something new. DIY is not meant to be said "dee." It actually stands for something. Is that not completely insane? In any case, it apparently means "do it yourself." Why they do not just say that, I will never know.

And I learned that discombobulated is actually a real word. I thought Bolt made it up! But no, it means confused. Which is me.

On a completely unrelated note (maybe one day we'll have a related one), January is altogether too long away.

What happens in January, you ask?

Well, there's the customary New Years' drinking party, if you're into that sort of thing and have high alcohol tolerance. Or perhaps the wonderfully irritating slush that accumulates on the side of the road. Or even the joy of scraping off your car windows each and every glorious morning.

While all of these are simply delightful, that's not what I'm excited for.

January is when White Collar comes back.

White Collar is amazing.

That is all.

17 comments:

  1. I thought it was 'kissing up' *Shrug*

    Percival. We need to talk.

    *facepalm*

    I'm glad you are aware of the New Year's drinking party.

    Haha! You have to wait forever for WC! Psych comes back in November! *Gloating*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. My friend whacked me, so apparently either one goes.

    ...yes, my dear Watson?

    *sweet smile*

    Oh, yes. Artemis has told me all about how enthusiastic they are in Ireland. Except him, obviously. He doesn't drink.

    *glare* Well, that's because White Collar's better.
    But I am excited for Psych, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure that's why she wacked you? ;)

    We have been over this how many times? Don't make me threaten you again.

    He's fron Ireland?

    Haha.
    I bet the real reason is they know all White Collar fans are hyper people so they keep the suspense for as long as they can to see if they can get a group of nervous breakdowns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...well, I apparently compared her to Satan. But this is the friend that twists words!

    ...*winces* Yes Ma'am.

    Mhm!! Super attractive Irish accent...

    How... kind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.

    Thank you.

    Oooh.. this certainly makes reading that more interesting.


    Just stating the facts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *raises hands* I didn't!! She just twisted my words around.

    M...hm.

    Hahah, yup!

    And what lovely facts they are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't compare -anybody- to Satan. Ever.

    Indeed. *sighs* Still. I don't wanna wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ....Even Fowler?


    Patience is a virtue.
    Instant gratification is of the devil.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *ponders* ...

    *bangs head against wall*
    *smiles sweetly* Fine, fine. I. am. being. patient.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought so.


    Percival... don't damage your head anymore than it already is.

    Thank you. Here's a lolly pop for your troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, wait! You just insulted me, didn't you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love lollipops! *skipping around* But some of them make my mouth swell up.

    *shakes head* Watson...

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're supposed to *help* my mental state.

    ReplyDelete